why me!

good morning america, and happy independence week! Obviously Brazil wont be celebrating it down here, but Elder Libby and I will here in Grajaú. We are going to go nuts. I hope you guys have a great day there for 4th of July. Definitely one of the best days of the year!! hmmm, sounds like you guys had a blast there at Atlantic City! Sounds like Jake had a pretty unreal birthday, congrats! Here in Brazil has been pretty crazy.

The World Cup is still going on obviously, Brazil is heading to the top. America has a been scraping the floor to make it to where they are now. But who cares,they have moved on to the next round. IM pretty sure its against Belgic. Its going to be a good game, I always tell people to watch the USA games for me.. but usually no one does. Brazilians dont think much of the US team haha. On Monday Prez let us watch the Brazilian game for part of P-day. It was so much fun, we went to a members home and had tons of food. So many people were there, Brazil won big time and everyone was going nuts in the streets. On Saturday they played against Chile in the next round and beat them too, We had to stay in the house for a good 4 hourers.. when we left there was a huge party in the street woioth this huge truck with massive speakers blasting music with people on top.. They took up the whole road so no cars could pass by.. its was pretty awesome.

This week had quite the experience to add my list.. You guys would like this one. On Wednesday I was on splits with the other American, We were knocking doors like crazy having lots of Success. At one door we were knocking, no one was answering. We just stood there waiting for us, until I felt some sort of liquid hitting the top of my head and shoulders.. I looks at the door and its all over the gate too... but it was yellow and warm. I was like "What the heck is this!!" I look on top of the house and a stupid dog Peed on me from the oroof of the house! Thats all he did, was pee on me and walk away. That was the dumbest experience ever.. Ive been praying for humilty alot lately the last two weeks, oand this is what I get haha a terrible haircut and peed on by a dog.. the fun stuff of a missionary haha.

I had quite the lunch too, ill be honest it was hard to put down.. especially when the member is slapping three helping of it oon your plate haha I call it Raw Egg soup.. I watched her make it too, it was like water in a pot with some sauce then she cracked eggs in the soup and little it get a little hot. That was it, when I ate it, it was kinda cold and goey like raw eggs.. The eggs werent cooked at all! That was fun.. just part of the experience!

Anyway, this week we've been really working with members. Its been great, we have somewhat solid investigators, we had to cut a lot of them because they were just lying all the time or just not progressing. All of our dates for baptism fell.. its been tough, but just means we need to work harder! Bring it on. We've been doing tons of door knocking and street contacts usually 40 to 50 a day. Its been pretty unreal. So you guys know my area isnt the richest area, but probably the poorest in the mission, We taught one lady in her house, you walk in and my head hit the ceiling.. and im short! What I thought of in the movie star wars when they are in the swamp with Luke, and Yoda right? Her house is almost identical to yodas house, like size wise... its crazy here. Usually houses are all concrete, with metal roofs. Its so different here then the United States. I usually teach people sitting on the ground because people dont have money to buy hardly anything. The culture is so diferent here. IM definitely used to it, but when I see pictures from you guys im like woah haha you guys dont even know.

The work is continuing on strong down here, thats all I can do! Its been great, I love it down here. Enjoying it every day. Hope you guys have a wonderful day, dopnt have too much fun without me.. 4th of july :) Loves you guys a ton! Boa Sorte

Love Elder Kenning

Spiritual thought... Heleman 5:12- Make your foundation in Christ and you will never be washed away!

Festa na rua!! This happened after the brazil game saturday!

This is yesterday going to lunch from church haha i look like an idiot but the background is pretty cool

​this is me today.. we are going to the Morro do Cristo today!

​my zone.. and yes my haircut is hideous haha but who cares!

Comments

Popular Posts