Ola!

Dear family!

How are you'll doing over there (western accent) because you guys went to the ranch recently haha. Anyway.. haha whats up!? Sounds like Harry and Kendra are having a great time over there. Im not sure about the rest of the family because i didnt hear anything from them haha but im sure it was great :)

This week has been great here in Grajaú, Work has picked up so much here, we've seen some great success here too. Its literally been amazing! Ive been so blessed this past week. LAst tuesday we Zone conference with three other zones and President Cascardi. It was pretty intense. It was awesome though. President is great, I love listening to what he has to say. Last meeting was nuts though, it was a "blood bath" haha. He called a lot of missionaries to repentance.. its was quite comical. A missionary would bring something up that happened and all he was say is repent.. He made a slide show of things that missionaries sometimes complain about or have problems with and the solutions to the problems were all repent ye.. it was intense. He doesnt like to mess around. Its funny, people sometimes are scared of him, but for me I love being in meeting with him I have nothing to worry about. Its always amazing, we learned a lot about how to help people with the word of wisdom, working with members, and how to make our finding to converting ratio better. I took away so much things, applied them this week and found incredible success. I have right now the most progressing investigators ive ever seen. Its been AMAZING!

We have three investigators who are fulfilling all of our commitments. There names are tiago, mariana, and abnar, They all came to church yesterday, it was so great. I picked them up before church and we all walked to the meeting. It was such a great feeling. We've given them books of mormon to read and pray about. Mariana read 2 nephi 31 like we asked and then read until the book of nephi.. all in one day! I went nuts when I heard that. And she is actually understanding whats happening too, Abnar who is 16 read everything and responded to our questions on a piece of paper! He's such a cool kid. The kids awesome! Tiago was a new we found, he had a lot of doubts about our message. We still gave him everything to read, he actually read, and prayed about it. He knows its all true, he knows the book of mormon is the word of God, he just wont admit that this is HIS church here on the earth. We help him though, he even wanted another book of Mormon to give to a friend to read too.. LETS GOO! We'll be seeing him tonight after p-day. The guy is amazing, That right there is the joy of Missionary work, its so worth it!

We've done a lot of work with less actives too, its been great we are getting people back to church, and we are finding news with less active families that have non members too. Its a win win situation. Kill two birds with one stone. Its so great. We've been loading each day with lessons. Its been great.

Thats really all that happened this week with me, nothing really much than the usual. Today ill be playing some soccer with my zone leaders. Hope you all have a great week this week, keep chugging! Love you guys!

Love, ELder Kennign

Spiritual thought: President Uchtdorf's talk "Grateful in any circumstance" sorry i forget the direct translation in english i read it in Portuguese.

D&C 123:17 "let us be cheerful in ALL things that lie in our power.." "Be grateful in our circumstances!" I learned something very valuable to me from this talk when I first read it, and then Applied it in my life. That is to be grateful in everything we have, including our trials and our hard times. I remember pres Uchtdorf saying, people wish for there hard circunstancias to change but thats not how it works. We need to pray to have more strength and patience to endure and keep pushing through our trials. Its shown true to me here in the mission. Little things, like when I feel like I want to collapse from walking so much and running and climbing hills every minute I say a pray in my heart to help me endure and keep going. Really my legs want to collapse but some how I just keep going I dont know how. I see it every day.
​juiz de fora de minha área. 

Comments

Popular Posts